Dalton and Tomich white logo
Dalton and Tomich white logo

When Should We Get a Religious Land Use Lawyer Involved?

Churches, mosques, temples, synagogues and other religious institutions can often resolve religious land use and zoning matters without having to file a lawsuit or set foot in a courtroom. This is especially true when a religious land use and zoning attorney is involved early on.

As attorney Noel Sterett explains in this video, one opportunity for early assistance is to review the local zoning code to see if it complies with federal law, work with local zoning officials to help them understand what the federal law requires of them and why a religious land use should be approved.

[cta-area title=”Free Religious Land Use & Zoning Guides” buttontext=”Download Now” buttonlink= “https://www.attorneysforlanduse.com/schools-land-use-guide/“]Have you recently purchased a building or land and discovered you can’t use it because it isn’t zoned for religious assembly? Learn how to navigate the process and win the right to use your property.[/cta-area]


Noel has never had a client tell him they wished they had waited longer to get him involved. He explains that religious institutions like churches, mosques, temples and synagogues benefit from understanding their rights early on in the process. This includes rights under the federal Religious Land Use and Institutionalized Person Act, also known as RLUIPA.

If you have experienced a religious land use zoning denial or have questions about your rights under RLUIPA, contact us today.

Attorney Advertising Disclaimer

Please note that this website may be considered attorney advertising in some states. Prior results described on this site do not guarantee similar outcomes in future cases or transactions.